Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Review: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer

Hello darlings,

As promised today is "Review Wednesday"and today's review is going to be...yup you guessed it...on the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. This product also goes by the name of Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, but it is your preference. I purchased this little guy (and I do mean little) over 3 weeks ago. I heard a lot about this primer being raved about on Youtube and thought..eh why not try it out?!

This product is meant to conceal redness, minimize pores, and soften fine line and wrinkles.  It is also suppose to create a "perfect" canvas for flawless makeup application. This primer does contain SPF 15.  It is oil free, paraben free, fragrance free, nano particle free, gluten free, synthetic dye free, sulfate free, phthalate free and most of all it is vegan. Wow, that is a mouth full!


I ordered the smaller size bottle which is .33 FL OZ just to try it out. I am combination oily and dry. I tend to be oily on my "T" zone. I don't usually use primers. To be honest I didn't think they were necessary. I have tried a few and honestly I don't like the feeling of them on my face.

Well that all changed when I purchased this little bad boy. Now, I am not going to say that this is a "miracle in a bottle", but it was worth my $18. So, yes it is on the the more pricier side. Especially if you want to purchase the full size bottle. The formula in this primer is amazing! I just love the texture and feel of it on my face. Literally when I pump a tiny amount onto my hands and press into my face it almost feels like it turns into a powder finish. It's weird and interesting all at once. The only thing is that I wouldn't know if it minimize pores or soften fine lines just because I don't have those issues with my skin, but it does help with my makeup application.  I don't use this primer on a daily bases just because 1. I don't want to use the product up quickly and 2. I am usually in a hurry M-F. So the weekends is when I get to play with this little guy. I do recommend that if you are an oily girl then this product will be your go to. If you need something for a special event, once again this will be your saving grace.

Just a reminder, what works for my skin may not work for your skin. We all have different skin types so, please keep that in mind. Im highly sensitive when it comes to products. So, I have to be careful when trying out new items.

I think that is all for now, so until next time my dears...

XOXO
AHumbleLiving

No comments:

Post a Comment