Friday, January 9, 2015

Review: Urban Decay Naked On The Run

Hello lovlies,

I hope everyone had a wonderful week! If this was your 1st week back to work or school...I felt your pain. It was tough for me to get out of bed, but once I got the day started I was able to get back into the "work mode" rhythm. I don't know about you, but I am exhausted...thank goodness for the weekend!!!

Today, I wanted to do a little review on the Urban Decay Naked on the Run palette. Now, this palette is limited edition and I will let you know if it is worth buying.

I bought this palette about 3 weeks ago and I have yet to use it...WHAT?!?!  I know...well I did use it once, but it was solely for reviewing purposes.  This palette retails for $54 and I bought mine at Ulta. You can find them at Sephora or on the Urban Decay website. The palette contains 6 eyeshadows, a bronzer, a blush, a lipgloss, a eyeliner, and a mascara.
Bottom of wrist (left-right): Resit, Fix, Dive
Top of wrist (left-right): Dare, Stun, 50/50
Top of hand: Blush (no name), Bronzer (no, name)
Lipgloss (bottom of hand): Sesso
Eyeliner: Stag

So, basically all the shadows, blush, bronzer, lipgloss and eyeliner are all NEW and the mascara is their Perversion Mascara (which has been on the market for some time). The eyeshadows are extremely pigmented. The photo on the right shows 1 swipe! I absolutely love the formulation of these shadows. However, I do feel like some of the shades are similar to the Naked 3 palette, but never the less I still love them. The shade 50/50 is a beautiful highlighter shade. It is actually my favorite shade out of the 6 shadows.

As for the bronzer...the formulation was amazing (no streaking here), but since I am a darker skin tone it was quite difficult for it to show on my face. Bummer. Although I loved the bronzer, I  can't say the same for my face. I had an allergic reaction to the product, which caused me to have tiny (itchy) bumps in the area where I contour (they went away in 2 days). Awesome. :/ So...I can never use the bronzer in this palette. Ugh! Now just because I had an allergic reaction doesn't mean you will. My skin is highly sensitive so, I have to watch what I put on my face.

The blush was very pigmented...so becareful when applying. A little goes a loooonnnnggg way! Seriously, it's a hot pink blush last thing you need is to look like a...clown.

The eyeliner was creamy and easy to blend. The staying power lasted all day. I just love blackish-brown eyeliners so, this is definitely one of my favorites!

I'm not a huge fan of lip glosses, just because I don't like the way they feel on my lips. Not to mention I can't stand it when my hair gets all up in my lips when the wind blows. Grrr! I do have to say this lipgloss didn't feel sticky, it actually felt pretty creamy. Now, Sesso is definitely not pigmented on the lips. It's more of a sheer mauvy-pink, so it gives the lips a tint. This lipgloss would be perfect over a nude lip or a pink-nude lip.

Oh mascara!!! The light of my life! Seriously though. All I have to say is I LOVE the Perversion Mascara! My lashes look full and they curl...but it doesn't last very long. Oh well...I still love it though! I just have long, flat, heavy lashes, so I have trouble finding a mascara I truly love.

My thought:
Ehh...if you come across this palette I suggest picking it up, but to me it's not a palette you HAVE to have. Like I said you can find similar shadows in the Naked 3. I wouldn't see myself traveling with this, just because I would only use the shadows and eyeliner (that's just me). Although, the packaging itself is great for traveling. It does come with a HUGE mirror, so that's a plus. Really, if you are in to having "limited edition" products then snatch one up before they disappear.

Alright lovelies, that is all I have for tonight until next time....Have a wonderful night & stay warm!

XoXo
AHumbleLiving

No comments:

Post a Comment