Sunday, August 2, 2015

August (New Month, New School Year)

Good morning darlings,

I have had zero and I mean ZERO time to write and film videos. This is not how I planned for this summer to go. We have had one busy summer from traveling to Hawaii, to moving, to going to Rockport, to getting ready for the new school year. Luckily I still have about 2 weeks left before I hit the ground running, so I plan (really I do) to establish a set blogging/ filming schedule.

Anyways, that's my plan...I actually have some exciting news coming very soon. No, it has nothing to do with a future prince/princess. I absolutely cannot wait to share it (when the time comes). Let me apologize for my scattered brain because this post is going to be all over the place.

Today I wanted to take the time and post about kindness. I just posted this quote on my Instagram: "Do all things with kindness." This quote is something I live by on a daily bases. We tend to lose sight of this important word especially when someone cuts us off in traffic or when someone does us wrong. Our natural instinct is to do what they did to us, to then. Is that fair? Is that right? Do you know why they did what they did? Maybe they had a bad day? Maybe they were rushing to the hospital? Whatever their case may be, we should show others what kindness looks like. Set an example. I know I'm not perfect by any means, I have my flaws. Sometimes I become impatient and forget where I last placed my kindness. For example, I became extremely impatient at a clothing store and took matters into my own hands. I lost sight of how I should've let the young lady do her job (her way). Instead I went and looked for a particular merchandise myself  so, people would no longer have to wait for me to pay out. There are no excuses for my actions, I should've apologized and explained that I was in a bit of a hurry. I also had to remind myself that I was not in my hometown, I was on vacation. The main reason for this story/example is I did not display kindness.

I feel this world would be a much better place if we displayed some sort of kindness. Let's be real for one second, we all know that this world can be a cruel place to live in, but if we can spread kindness...maybe just maybe we can make this world a better place. So, go on and spread kindness...maybe I can make this The Kindness Project. What do you think? Let me know your thoughts on my Instagram picture...


Have a "kind" & beautiful day,
XoXo
A Humble Living

No comments:

Post a Comment