Wednesday, May 14, 2014

REVIEW: Anastasia Contour Kit & Too Faced "Better Than Sex" Mascara

Hello yet again darlings and welcome back to my blog!

So let's just jump right into it...I am first going to review the Anastasia Contour Kit. Once again I will tell you at the end if I think "yay" or "nay"!

"Anastasia Contour Kit"

A little background: 
Anastasia Soare is the found of Anastasia Beverly Hills. This company/salon was founded in 1997. Anastasia is originally from Constanta, Romania where she did an apprenticeship in her family's tailor shop as well as attended college. She then trained to become a professional esthetician, shortly after she moved her and her family to Los Angels. She then opened her salon and began creating her beauty products using the "Beauty Blueprint" that she developed. In order for us the "consumers" to achieve the beautiful flawless eyebrows, Anastasia used the proportions and features of women to develop the blue prints that we can follow at home. All products were tested on clients at her salon and not on the back of their hands (which is good to know).

Now as for the contouring kit (which is currently SOLD OUT everywhere until later this year--Im sorry for that :(...)...I purchased this a little over a month ago and I have been kind of using it on a regular bases more so on the weekend (this is when I am usually wearing a full face of makeup). The kit comes with 6 different powders that are used to either contour or highlight. The TOP 3 shades are used for highlighting and the BOTTOM 3 are used for defining your features. They are removable powders that are there to emphasize any part of your face! These pans can be refillable, which means you can purchase them individually in the case you run out (unfortunately this will not become available until later this year--I know sad, right?!)...OH and they are hypoallergenic (score)!!!

VERDICT:
Alright, this is what you have been waiting to hear...don't worry I gotcha girl :)!! I absolutely love this pallet. It is definitely worth the wait!! I am a die hard fan of the middle banana powder shade. It is perfect to set my under eye concealer (because not matter what product I use it always creases) and my T-zone area. I do mix the other 2 highlighting shades and use them on my cheekbones. As for the contour shades I usually use the middle shade just to define my cheekbones and forehead. Since it is getting to be the summer time I don't like a harsh contour...not only that, but this girl gets dark in the summer time and I am already tan as it is..so yea! 


"Too Faced--Better Than Sex Mascara"

Okay for the sake of time...I am not going to go talk about the background of Too Faced just because this company has been around for quite sometime (but if you want me to do a full review on Too Faced I would be more that HAPPY--just let me know in the comments below). 
I was in Ulta a few weeks ago and picked up this product that I have heard so many beauty gurus talk about on Youtube and decided to just give it a try. So on the packaging it is said to make your lashes longer and have a more dramatic volume appeal. The brush itself has an hourglass shape that is designed to separate, coat and curl your lashes. It is film-forming polymer--which makes it smudge proof and you can basically wear it all day. It also has "Acacia senegal tree extract" which nourishes, thicken and curls your lashes. Last, but not least it is ophthalmologist tested and is safe to use for anyone who wears contacts. 

VERDICT: 
I have long eyelashes, but by no means do they have volume. So, whenever I hear about a product such as this I am all for it...but in this case not quite. I'm not going to say I hate it, but I'm also not going to say I love it. I just simply like this mascara. It's not my all time favorite, just because my lashes do not stay curled (but that's a given when you live in TEXAS) and I don't see a big difference in volume. I do have to say that I NOW use this product with another mascara and that seems to give a little bit more of what I like and if you know me then you know how much time and effort I put into my lashes!!! NO JOKE...most of my time is spent putting on mascara. If I can find a one stop PERFECT mascara that can truly cut my time in half...I will be all about that!!! 

**If I am not making any sense or my grammar/spelling is off please forgive me..it is late (9:44--that's late for me) and my eyes are extremely tired from starring at a computer screen at work for 8 hours, but I do this because I love my hobby and more importantly I LOVE talking about it!!! :)


Good night dolls & until next time,
AHumbleLiving

No comments:

Post a Comment